Our Lent theme for 2020 takes its inspiration from the gospel reading for Ash Wednesday – Give alms, pray, fast.
We will be seeking to fulfil these intentions for this sacred season in the following simple ways:
- Give alms
- spare-change collections for the Lent Appeal for the ACS (Additional Curates Society)
- donations of food items to the foodbank collection box in church
- trying to attend an extra service or devotion in church
- finding a little extra time in our day to remember God’s presence and be open to him
- eating a more simple lunch on Friday (and making a parallel donation of food or money to the foodbank or Lent Appeal)
- giving something up to remind ourselves of those who endure poverty and uniting ourselves with Christ’s suffering for us
These are the extra services and devotions available in church each week during Lent:
Sunday – 5pm Evening Prayer & Benediction (excl. 1 March)
Monday – 7.45am-8.45am Silent Prayer (for commuters and others to pop in)
Friday – 12noon Stations of the Cross & Mass followed by a simple soup lunch
On other days our regular services continue as usual.